I´m Dr Dorothee Struck MD, PhD, RTTP, Gynecologist & Obstetrician and Doctor of Natural Medicine
My passion is encouraging women to understand their bodies and support them to realign with natural therapies and methods. I combine modern diagnostics like ultrasound and lab tests at a high standard to find the causes of disease and symptoms. Then I tackle them mainly with a huge range of alternative therapies for individual treatments.
I am happily married, no kids, a practising Buddhist, a Bellydancer, a Medicine Woman by the head & hippie by the heart
My Speciality ist the (mainly natural) treatment of
- Infertility, a lot of women, who carry this label are only “subfertile”. With a little encouragement, Hypnotherapy (RTT) change of nutrition and lifestyle much can be modified. Hormonal problems like PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries-Syndrome), PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) as well as luteal deficiency, Endometriosis etc. respond in many cases to natural treatment.
- recurrent miscarriages - I love to dig out hidden causes to prevent further pregnancy loss, be it Thyroid disease or Endometritis. In many cases, a treatable cause can be found, and the next pregnancy can be a lucky one
The German term „Kinderwunsch“ which translates directly as „wish for a child“ is so much nicer than "infertility" and doesn´t stigmatise women - just sayin!
I am passionate to help women with
- Phytotherapy (that´s healing herbs in academic / for the posh inclined), as herbal preparations, tablets, suppositories, herbal infusions and tinctures made from fresh plants.
- Homoeopathy is the use of specially prepared, mostly highly diluted herbal, mineral or in some case animal-based (like bee venom) medication to give your vital powers an impulse to self-healing,
- Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) by Marisa Peer - medical Hypnotherapy
- Microbiologic Therapy / Microecology analysing the human microbiota from the gut or vagina, find out, which helpful bacterias are missing, which bad guys are showing up or even overgrowing the healthy flora. Then furthering a more physiological microbiota to prevent recurrent infections like thrush (Candida) or bladder infections after sexual intercourse. We also use Autoinoculation which has demonstrated to modulate the immune response in many cases even for endometriosis
- Neural Therapy using local anaesthesia for chronic pelvic and perineal pain from an episiotomy or C-section scars find out more
- of course: I also offer general gynaecology!
Professional Development / My CV
1968 was I born in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Kiel of the university hospital. Home to many famous Obstetricians over the centuries like Gustav Adolph Michaelis founder of the School for Midwifery. Later one of the first Hospitals to perform IVF and research on reproductive Medicine. My first breath, I took there, only to return
1993 at the end of Medical School in Kiel (1987 – 1994) to learn and do my first baby steps as a budding Gynaecologist. I watched over the shoulder of Prof. Liselotte Mettler one of the pioneers of IVF in Germany to watch egg retrieval, births, operative procedures. Soon after I started to teach myself at the Michaelis School for Midwifery first general health, later naturopathy namely herbal Medicine as I had studied homoeopathy and herbal Medicine alongside the conventional Medical School
1995 – 2000 training as a Gynaecologist and Obstetrician, mainly in rural hospitals, some relatively small in the north of Germany: Preetz, Heide, Sögel, you don´t have to know these places. Many babies born, a lot uncomplicated, swift, completely natural. The women of the countryside seemed to be close to nature and let it run its course. “Next appointment before or after evening milking?“ During this period in my life, I studied Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and Haptonomy in the Netherlands.
2001-2002 Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician at the Forward Outpatient Departments Bergen-Hohne (FOPD), British Forces. A different approach to body and health, another health system. The contracts did not cover any conventional fertility drugs for the female soldiers nor the wives of soldiers who had come with their husbands for deployment. I had to become inventive and started to use Herbal Medicine for infertility and hormonal issues like PCOS, going deeper into Phytotherapy and Endocrinology than before.
2002 bis 2004 somehow not yet done with the labour ward and the operation theatre, I returned as Obstetrical Registrar to the Krankenhaus in Winsen Luhe
2005 I started my private Practice in Kiel. In the following years, I build a team of midwives, nurses, physiotherapists and a yoga-teacher who also ist trained in fertility massage according to Gowri Motha´s Gentle Birth Method. I sincerely enjoy interdisciplinary working with my ladies.
Since 2020 I am a Practitioner of Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) by Marisa Peer. For over 20 years I´ve been following this great clinical Hypnotherapist with a fantastic track record in treating infertility successfully before I learned the method myself.
Talking and writing about female health, I love it!
I have been a speaker on national conferences from FBA, DGGG and MedWoche. Plus I have written books on hormone-free contraception. The other side of fertility, as I was utterly fed up with post-pill-problems and women not knowing enough about safe alternatives to hormonal birth control.
in short, I´m a:
- Doctor for Natural Medicine since 1999
- Board-certified Gynaecologist & Obstetrician since 2001
- Board approved Trainer for “Physicians for Natural Medicine” since 2010
- Rapid Transformational Therapy Practitioner since 2020
- Run my Private practice in Kiel since 2005
- Give Online-Consultations since 2020
As seen in national media
*Moin? what´s that?
"Moin" is a typical northern German greeting – it encompasses everything from „good morning“ to “good evening” from “Hello” to “Howdy”. Most people think it means "Good Morning" but it derives from the old term "Moi" = good (things to you)