I´m Dr med (MD, PhD) Dorothee Struck, Gynecologist & Obstetrician and Doctor of Natural Medicine
My passion is encouraging women to understand their bodies and support them to realign with natural therapies and methods. I combine modern diagnostics like ultrasound and lab tests at a high standard to find the causes of disease and symptoms. Then I tackle them mainly with a huge range of alternative therapies for individual treatments. We use in more than 80% of cases natural remedies like herbal medicine, homoeopathy, neural therapy and in the remaining few ladies, I am pleased that modern allopathic treatments do exist.
I am happily married, no kids, a practising Buddhist, a Bellydancer, a medicine woman by head & hippie by heart
I am passionate to help women with
- Hormonal problems like PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome), PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries-Syndrome), Endometriosis without putting them on the Pill or other hormonal Therapies which just suppress symptoms, PMS and PCOS respond in many cases to herbal treatment. Changes in the particular diet but also improving the gut flora and immunomodulation can be of tremendous help.
- Hormone-free contraception: do we all fit into one shoe size, ladies? No! Neither does one intrauterine device (IUD), or barrier method like the diaphragm fit´s us all. We offer different sizes and models for various needs. Hormone-free contraception: copper-based IUDs to fit the uterus, with vaginal 3-D ultrasound. We have 11 different IUD´s on the premises and can order more models if necessary, Diaphragms and Caps and natural family planning (NFP) according to the rules of Sensiplan.
- Infertility, a lot of women, are only “subfertile” and with a little herbal encouragement, change of nutrition and lifestyle, Maya-Massage much can be modified – and quite often the partner also has to be encouraged to change his diet (or at least take some vitamins and herbs) and skip the beer. I do not like the word "Infertility" anyway, the German „Kinderwunsch“ which translates directly as „wish for a child“ is so much nicer and does not stigmatises women for being defect in the first place
- Microbiology of chronic infections of bladder and vagina (Candida aka thrush & Bacterial vaginosis) which allows me to go deep into the causes of recurring infections and treat without antibiotics in the first place. Lifestyle changes as menstrual hygiene also can be beneficial.
When you see me, you can expect these treatments
- Phytotherapy (that´s healing herbs in academic / for the posh inclined), as herbal preparations, tablets, suppositories, herbal infusions and tinctures made from fresh plants.
- Neural Therapy using local anaesthesia for chronic pelvic and perineal pain from episiotomy or C-section scars find out more
- Homeopathy is the use of specially prepared, mostly highly diluted herbal, mineral or in some case animal based (like bee venom) medication to give your vital powers an impulse to self-healing,
- Microbiologic Therapy / Microecology analysing the human microbiota from the gut or vagina, find out, which helpfull bacterias are missing, which bad guys are showing up or even overgrowing the healthy flora. Then furthering a more physiological microbiota to prevent recurrent infections. We also use Autoinoculation which has demonstrated to modulate the immune response in many cases even for endometriosis
- of course: I also offer general gynaecology! But I prescribe antibiotics and synthetic hormones only when necessary
Outside of my private practice, I am speaker and author.
- hormone-free & healthy contraception
- recurrent vaginal and bladder infections (can be a side effect of hormonal contraceptives)
- phytotherapy for female health
- and many more...
Work with me in person:
At the start of each new quarter, I still welcome a bunch of new patients. The next slots will be open from the 04.01.2018 - for patients coming from far away, we will be offering 4 VIP-Saturdays in 2018 where you have me, a nurse and the whole private practice on your own.
Call us at +49-431-2404019 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
All appointments have to be on the premises; we do not offer consultations by phone, email, skype or other.
You can´t visit us in Kiel? Northern Germany is too far off?
I´d love to keep you updated on women´s health and my knowledge.
My first English book on hormone-free and healthy contraception is out since December 2017 and English Online-Courses will follow from March 2018.
*Moin? what´s that?
"Moin" is a typical northern German greeting, you will be bound to hear a lot in my office – it encompasses everything from „good morning“ to “good evening” from “Hello” to “Howdy”
free e-book: The Diaphragm or Cap, is it for you?
- Doctor for natural medicine since 1999
- Board certified Gynaecologist & Obstetrician since 2001
- Board approved Trainer for “Physicians for natural medicine” since 2010
- 2001 to 2002 Consultant Obstetrician for the British Forces Germany, Forward outpatient department Bergen-Hohne
- 2002 to 2004 Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician at the hospital in Winsen an der Luhe
- Private practice since 2005
- Berufsverband der Frauenärzte e.V. (Association of Gynaecologists) - www.bvf.de
- European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health - www.escrh.eu
- AMT-Herborn (Microbiological Therapy Research Association) - www.amt-herborn.de
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gynäkologische Endokrinologie und Fortpflanzungsmedizin e.V. (German Society for Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine) - www.dggef.de
- Gesellschaft für Erfahrungsheilkunde (Society for Empiric Medicine) - www.erfahrungsheilkunde.org
- DGfAN e.V. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Akupunktur und Neuraltherapie (German Society for Acupuncture and Neural Therapy) - www.dgfan.de
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Zervixpathologie & Kolposkopie e.V. (Society for Colposcopy and Cervicalpathology) - www.ag-cpc.de